Commonwealth Masters-PhD Scholarships 2023-2024
Commonwealth Masters-PhD Scholarships 2023-2024
Commonwealth Masters-PhD Scholarships
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Location: The United Kingdom (UK)
Scholarships from the Commonwealth for Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees will be awarded in 2023–2024 as a way to support academics and researchers. The Commonwealth Scholarship seeks to give deserving students the opportunity to enroll in the best colleges in the UK and become the next wave of game-changers. This plan also encourages sustainable growth for the good of the country.
See more: John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) offers these scholarships to students who want to pursue master’s or doctoral degrees. The majority of the pupils that are the target of this initiative are underfunded.
Here, the goal is to help Commonwealth countries meet their development goals by funding academic research that significantly contributes to the field. Along with improving independent teaching and empirical potential, these scholarships would also improve systemic capabilities in the Commonwealth’s economies, particularly in the education sector. Additionally, by recruiting exceptional international applicants and encouraging collaboration, Commonwealth scholarships contribute value to the United Kingdom’s higher education and research sectors.
Subjects Eligible for Postgraduate Scholarships from the Commonwealth:
For students from low- and middle-income nations, the CW scholarships give support for full-time Master’s and Ph.D. studies in the UK.
There are six subcategories within the Commonwealth Scholarship from which you can choose:
- Science and technology to boost the economy
- improving healthcare infrastructure and skills
- boosting global peace, security, and governance while advancing global welfare
- improving stress tolerance and crisis response
- inclusiveness, opportunity, and accessibility
- Graduate Student Commonwealth Scholarship Program
The following advantages are provided to the chosen candidates by the CW scholarships:
- 100% financial aid for tuition
- The candidate’s travel expenses to and from their home nation are covered.
- If necessary, a clothes budget is also provided.
- The annual and regional property tax rates determine the monthly living allowances. The price range for this item is $1,390 to £1,133.
- If relevant, allowances for theses and dissertations are provided.
- For candidates who are widowed, divorced, or single parents, there are additional kid allowances. Such cases are given individual allocations of the monthly coverage.
- A thorough assessment of the candidate’s needs will be done if they disclose a disability. In addition, coverage will be provided as required once eligible for additional financial aid.
- Costs of domestic travel
- Fieldwork costs
- According to the candidate’s circumstances, family and spouse allowances are also available.
eligibility prerequisites into.Commonwealth Masters-PhD Scholarships 2023-2024
The CSC’s goal is to find remarkable people who have the potential to make significant contributions. These scholarships prioritize equal opportunity and anti-discrimination laws, and they welcome applications from a wide variety of candidates. The following boxes must be checked in order to be eligible to apply for Commonwealth scholarships:
Also see: Schwarzman Scholars Scholarships 2023
- A Commonwealth national, a refugee, or a British Protected Person must be the applicant.
- The candidate must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country that qualifies.
- By September 2022, the start of the UK academic year, the candidate must be ready to begin their studies.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Masters-PhD Scholarships 2023-2024
An applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree or a degree that is considered to be its equal in order to be eligible for a scholarship for a master’s degree. To qualify for the Ph.D., a candidate must hold a Master’s degree by September 2022.
- If the candidate decides to go after a second Master’s degree, they will have to give a justification for their choice.
- The candidate must not be able to pay for their study in the UK.
- The applicant has filed a thorough application that includes all necessary documentation.
- The applicant is ineligible for enrollment in any additional Master’s or doctoral programs.
What Countries Are Eligible for CW Scholarships?
The following countries have been authorized for 2023 Commonwealth Master’s and Ph.D. scholarships:
- South Africa is an African nation.
- Barbuda and Antigua
- Liberia Sierra
- St. Helen’s
- South Asia
- Hawaiian Islands
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- A country called Papua-New Guinea
- Belize Belize Botswana
How to Apply for CW Scholarships: There are no application fees and the Commonwealth scholarship application process is totally online. Since the CSC does not accept applications directly for these scholarships, candidates must first submit an application to one of the following organizations:
National Nominated Organizations: Students most frequently use this application process.
Specifically designated nonprofit and charity organizations
Each qualifying authority is in charge of conducting its own shortlisting, which could include extra qualifications.
For detailed application guidelines and restrictions, as well as their own eligibility requirements and application dates, contact the nominating authority.
Candidates shall submit an online application through the CSC in addition to any additional application required by the nominating authority. Entries that are not submitted through the online application process will be rejected by the CSC.
Documents Needed to Apply for a CW Scholarship
Candidates must include the required supporting documentation to guarantee a complete application. The Commonwealth Scholarship application requirements are summarized as follows:
- Card of National Identification a current, unblemished passport
- any and all academic transcripts
- It is necessary to translate the transcripts into English.
- A minimum of two references are needed.
- Through the website, the referee might upload references right away. References could come from previous employers or instructors.
- One or two statements from the candidate’s managers in support.
Candidates for the Ph.D. alone need apply.
Importantly, any supporting materials delivered by third parties or nominated organizations will not be accepted. It is necessary to upload the aforementioned documentation to the online site.
Additionally, the application of the candidate will be deemed ineligible if necessary documents are not uploaded by the timeframes provided.
FAQs regarding the 2023 Commonwealth Scholarship?
When is the deadline to submit an application for the 2023 Commonwealth Scholarship?
Applications for 2023–24 will be made available in September 2022. The application information is correct as of November 1, 2021 and is only being supplied for informative reasons.
When is the deadline to submit an application for the 2022–2023 Commonwealth Scholarship?
Call for Fully Funded Applications for Commonwealth Scholarships for 2022–2023 Up to November 1, 2021, Commonwealth nationals may apply for the scholarship. Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and PhD
Does the Commonwealth Scholarship require a PhD?
For full-time doctoral study at a UK university, individuals from the least developed and most vulnerable states of the Commonwealth are given Commonwealth PhD Scholarships. Funding research with a developmental impact can help the Commonwealth’s developing countries. Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and PhD
Is there still room for the Commonwealth Scholarship?
The application window for the academic year 2022–2023’s Commonwealth Master’s and Doctoral Scholarships has already closed. For further information, go to the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission website. Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and PhD