MEXT SCHOLARSHIP 2023
Read this article carefully if you want to receive financial aid to study in Japan. The MEXT Scholarship 2023, its perks, and the step-by-step application process are all explained in this post. One of the best options available to foreign students who wish to study abroad in Japan is the MEXT scholarship.
The MEXT scholarship is your ticket to achieving your academic goals, with thousands of beneficiaries each year at various academic levels. If you are not sure as to what to anticipate from the MEXT Scholarship? Do not worry; this article contains all the information you require about the MEXT Scholarship.
What Is A MEXT Scholarship?
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of the Japanese Government is abbreviated as “MEXT”. It provides foreign students visiting Japan with access to the Japanese Government Scholarship program.
By combining the programs and strategies of its 13 member universities, MEXT launched the Global 30 Project in 2009 to internationalize higher education in Japan. It has never been so simple to study in Japan thanks to MEXT!
This grant is accessible for undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and training programs. The MEXT scholarship will pay for your tuition, housing, monthly living expenses, and round-trip air travel to Japan.
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan (MEXT) provides financial aid to foreign students who want to pursue undergraduate or graduate-level research degrees at Japanese universities.
Announcing the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship application cycle typically takes place in April. For consideration for this award, IELTS or TOEFL proficiency is not required. It’s the scholarship that the Next embassy suggests. Through the Japanese embassy in your nation, you will submit your application.
Advantages Of The MEXT Scholarship
The MEXT Scholarship offers these
three primary advantages:
- Complete waiver of tuition fees
- Salary each month (variance covered in the following section)
- Flights from students’ homes to Japan, roundtrip
The MEXT Award, which has a wealth of privileges, is the most well-known Japanese scholarship among international students who want to study in Japan. After all, who wouldn’t want a monthly stipend, in addition, to completely free college tuition?
The MEXT Scholarship is the most prestigious full scholarship for studies in Japan
Coverage of MEXT Awards
International students can enroll in the fully funded MEXT Scholarship 2023 and study for free in Japan. The privileges that the recipient of this scholarship will receive are as follows:
Allowances: A monthly stipend and preparation allowance.
Fees for higher education: MEXT will cover the costs of the entrance exam and university tuition.
Costs of Travel: The cost of round-trip air travel from your country to Japan is covered by MEXT for participants. The airline ticket for the flight will be in economy class.
Student housing is given by universities for overseas students.
MEXT Scholarship Requirements for 2023
The applicant must satisfy each of the conditions listed below to be eligible for the MEXT Scholarship:
- Applicants must be citizens of countries with which Japan has diplomatic ties.
- Applicants who were citizens of Japan at the time of application are ineligible.
- To enroll in undergraduate studies, you must be at least 17 years old, under 25, and have completed 12 years of formal education or courses equivalent to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- You must be under 35 and a college graduate to apply for the Masters or Ph.D. program. Or your schooling must have lasted 16 or 18 years.
- For those pursuing a career in teaching, you must be under 35 years old and a graduate of a university or college with a teacher preparation program. In your nation’s primary, secondary, or teacher preparation colleges, you must have at least five years of current teaching experience.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 students studying Japanese. When applicants arrive in Japan, they must be undergraduate students enrolled in departments or programs that specialize in the Japanese language or culture at a university outside of Japan, and they must be enrolled in their home institutions when they depart for Japan.
How To Apply for MEXT Scholarship
Locating the Japanese embassy or website in your country is quite easy. There are a few guidelines you must follow if you want to apply for a MEXT Scholarship. The steps are as follows:
- The website of the Japanese embassy in your country should provide information on the language. In the section titled “Education / Scholarships,” look for the MEXT scholarship.
- When you find it, download the MEXT scholarship application, print it out, and fill it out. the form.
- Transmit the appropriate paperwork to the Japanese embassy in your country.
- After filling out the scholarship form, your written test will be handed out by the Japanese Embassy. A sample written test with answers is available by clicking here.
Following that, there will be interviews with the candidates.
The embassy will notify the selected candidates via email or a webpage it maintains.
Documents Required For MEXT Scholarship 2023
Below are some of the documents needed before applying for the MEXT scholarship;
- Application form for the Scholarship
- The highest degree that has been officially stamped.
- 12 years of education required for admission to a bachelor’s program
- For those applying for a master’s program, they should have a Master’s degree
- Candidates for the Ph.D. program should have a. Master’s degree
- Transcripts with official stamps and grading system.
- 12 years of education required for admission to a bachelor’s program
- Candidates for master’s programs must have a copy of their diploma
- A notarized copy of an English translation is required if the diploma is not written in English.
- Two letters of recommendation, your academic performance and study potential written by your instructors, employers, or guardians should be included in the reference letters that you submit
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
- Canada Express Entry 2022- Express Entry Draw
- Free Online Courses With Certificate
- Get Germany Scholarship for international students
To apply for the Japanese scholarship, you must provide an English translation that has been validated if the degree is not in English.
- Applicants must provide a passport scan when submitting their application form.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Picture photograph
- Research students must provide information that covers their educational and research background and intended APU studies.
- English Language Proficiency Document: Students must provide an English proficiency document and a certificate from the university they took the language test.
- Research students should provide an educational thesis or other pertinent writings.
Types of MEXT Scholarship
Seven different MEXT programs are offered through the Japanese Government Scholarship Program: