Singapore International Graduate Award Scholarship
Deadline: 1 December 2022
For graduate searching for Singapore International Graduate Award Scholarship online admissions applications for the school year 2023–2024, the Singapore International Graduate Award Scholarships are now accessible.
SINGA is one of the best PhD scholarships available, and Singapore’s Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) is well known for its research programs.
A vibrant and multi-cultural international student research community is fostered by SINGA. You will collaborate with well-known and internationally famous researchers in cutting-edge settings while working in a multi-cultural environment.
Read also: Italy DSU Scholarships 2023 by European Union
A*STAR, NTU, NUS, SUTD, and SMU have partnered to create the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) (SMU).
Some of the fastest growing economies in the Asia Pacific region have their entry points in Singapore. Additionally, you can enhance your research career and establish global connections while pursuing your PhD in Singapore with SINGA.
Advantages of Coverage for SINGA Scholarships in 2023
The SINGA grant offers funding for doctoral research lasting up to four years, including:
- A one-time grant of up to S$1,500 is available.
- A S$2,500 monthly payment, which will increase to S$2,500 after passing the qualifying examination.
- Complete waiver of tuition
- One-time S$1,000 compensation payment
The estimated cost of living in Singapore is:
- Monthly Item Per Student (S$)
- University canteens for food 250–350 meals away from campus Accommodation: 450–600 (based on a single room) 400 to 700 on-campus.
See more: Commonwealth Masters-PhD Scholarships 2023-2024
- Transportation Costs (local) 100 – 150
- Various Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.) 400 – 500
- The estimated total cost of living
The eligibility requirements for the 2023 Singapore
International Graduate Award Scholarship (SINGA Scholarship) Applications:
Any international graduate with a love of learning and a record of excellence in the classroom is welcome to apply.
Excellent command of both written and spoken English top-notch academic sources
Research proposal or previously written or published research paper
The candidate wants to sign up for PhD research programs.
Fields of Study in Research at SINGA Scholarships:
The two main types of research areas for the PhD program are:
biomedical sciences, engineering, and physical sciences.
Documents necessary for SINGA scholarships:
The following documents must be submitted by applicants for a SINGA Scholarship:
- Justification of your SINGA scholarship eligibility in a statement of purpose (SOP).
- Copies of all academic documentation (degrees, transcripts, and certificates)
- Abstract of a previous dissertation or senior project
- A replica of a passport that is at least one year old
- A recent photo the size of a passport (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Two letters of recommendation from former institute instructors
Scores from the GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT I and II, and GATE are not required. However, keep in mind that the university may want you to provide strong exam results as part of the admissions procedures.
How to Apply for Graduate Scholarships from SINGA in 2023:
- By following the link at the end of this post, you may access the SINGA Scholarship website.
- To go through the projects that interest you, visit Research Areas.
- SINGA is the place to begin your online scholarship application.
- Submittal of all necessary documentation online
- Please make sure the information you enter when creating an account on the application portal is accurate because it will be used for authentication when you log in for the first time.
- Please use the application portal to submit your application for the pertinent scholarship, “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA),” after you have checked in.
- Do not mail paper documents to the SINGA office, please.
- Please send in your applications as soon as possible. As only applications with two recommendation reports will be considered, this will provide your references enough time to complete and submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline.
Also read: 11 Best Esthetician Schools in New York
Please double-check and make sure that all of the data you have entered into the online application form is true and correct before submitting it. No modifications will be allowed once the application has been submitted.
SINGA’s 2023 scholarship deadline is as follows:
For the January 2023 intake, submissions must be received by December 1 at 23:59 Singapore time (GMT +8). Only those applicants who have made the shortlist will be contacted within a year after the application deadline.